Monday, November 8, 2010

Kevin's Big Catch 40 lbs in 60 days

I was scared to death when I found out my cholesterol was 400 and triglycerides were 900. I was only in my 40’s. “I want to live,” I thought. I knew I had to take control of my health myself.

I couldn’t sleep that night because I knew what the tests meant. I went on a low fat diet ten years ago and my cholesterol dropped to 215 and triglycerides to 150 with medication. However, I still couldn’t lose the weight. I knew I was a candidate for diabetes because both of my grandparents got it in their 50’s. I also wanted to get off my medication. (My calf muscles separated twice because of my statin drugs.)

I felt like a slug on the couch and I wanted my energy back. I wasn’t sure how I was going to do it, but had to do something. I visited some old friends and was shocked with all the weight they lost. They told me about this program and I knew they had the tools that would work for me. They referred my to Dr. Gray. I lost 40 lbs in 60 days.

The diet is so doable. I feel anyone can do it if they want to. The coaching was critical because I had questions throughout the program. I was able to get off my statins and cholesterol drugs. My cholesterol is now 140 and triglycerides are 48 without meds.

I have saved so much money. I no longer spend $300 a quarter for the rest of my life for my cholesterol meds.

Dr. Gray also helped me with my knee pain and neck pain. I can sleep at night without medication. I was skeptical at first going to him for my knee because I thought he just did backs. I’m glad I found out.

The best part of the program is how I feel. I’m joining a gym and I like exercising now. It’s so much more enjoyable without the extra weight. I feel great and I know I have taken control of my health. I know I have the tools to keep it off the rest of my life.

Kevin, 53, Boise

Husband, father, young grandfather, IBM Service Engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment