Monday, November 8, 2010

My favorites are Kit Kats and Snickers. Six Easy ways to Enjoy the Holidays w/o gaining weight.

The holidays are upon us. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas can be a challenge. I can eat a lot of those little mini candy bars 2 weeks before and after Halloween. Then I can move on to treating myself to parties. If I’m not careful the “holidays” can end up being three months rather than 3 days.
How do you enjoy the holidays without gaining ten lbs? Here are some tips that help me.
Enjoy your favorite candy bars—then give them away. Sometimes the big packages of candy or snacks aren’t the best deal if you eat them. Get a small bag and enjoy it.
Eat before you go to a party. I keep around a batch of soup that I snack on. If you drink a hot soup before you go somewhere it keeps you from overeating. Albertson’s has those canned boullions on for .39 cents a can until Tuesday. I bought a case and is makes really easy soups.
Bring a healthy salad to the party and load up on that before you eat other things. I bring a vegetable salad that people love. My salad is usually the first dish to go. I have posted it on my blog at losingweightwithidealprotein.blogspot.com.
Chew gum while you are preparing food. I taste while I’m preparing foods. If I chew gum I am less likely to eat while I am in the kitchen.
Keep good snacks around. I make sure we have raw almonds and cranberries, string cheese, jerky, plain nonfat yogurt and berries, cottage cheese with fruit or tomatoes, coleslaw or brocolli slaw with nuts and meat, or apples. If you have good snacks it helps you from being hungry. These are all good snacks, but the Ideal Protein bars, pudding, or drinks really satisfy you and can act as a meal replacement. You can have them in your car for those hectic days that you can get really stupid.
Enjoy your cheat day. Just go on Phase One for one day after a cheat day. This is the key principle of the maintenance afterwards. If you don’t have insulin in your system the next day the body doesn’t store all those carbs into fat. You can go on Phase One with or without the product. However, it’s a lot easier to go on Phase One if you have product around. I think part of it is the mental factor. I think the other part is having absorbable protein and so few carbs just cuts your appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment