Monday, November 22, 2010

Veggie Salad--My Secret Party Weapon

Veggie Salad--My Secret Party Weapon

I take this salad to almost every party I go to whether I am on Phase 1 of the diet or not. It's colorful, filling, and tastes great. I fill up on it and then I don't overeat more fattening foods. My extended family requests is at all our family parties. The cilantro, lime and garlic dressing give it a great zip. When you are off Phase 1or 2 of the diet add a can of black beans and a cob of corn.
1-2 green pepper (julliened)

1-2 cucumber (sliced in circles)

1-2 zuchinni (matchstick)

2-3 tomatoes (chopped)

1/2 red onion

1/4 c. cilantro

2-3 limes

2-3 T olive oil

1 t. salt

1/2 tsp pepper

2-3 garlic cloves.

Mix lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour on veggies.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this salad recipe. I will try it this week, because I'm also following the Ideal Protein Mississauga diet program.
    It was recommended by a nutritionist and I'm pretty sure that with the help of this diet I will achieve my goal of losing all of my extra pounds and this in a healthy way.

    ReplyDelete